On 13 May 2015, we held a Parents’ CSE Awareness Day to raise awareness of child sexual exploitation with mums, dads and carers across Greater Manchester.
What would it be like to find out your child was being groomed online? Take part in our webchat with a mum who’s been through it. 5.30pm, 13 May. You can ask her questions and speak to social workers and experts from PACE UK.
You can submit your questions in advance and on the day using the widget below.
Coming to a town near you…
Project Phoenix partner agencies, including Greater Manchester Police, will be manning stalls throughout the day in town and city centres across Greater Manchester, providing information and advice to parents about child sexual exploitation. Pop along and say hello!
If you can’t come to an event, keep an eye on our social media channels – we’ll be posting useful info throughout the day.
Arndale Centre Wintergardens 10am – 4pm
Parents will have the chance to play with smartphones and tablets to learn how to protect children on the internet and social networking sites. Help will also be available from Greater Manchester Police, The Children’s Society and Parents against Child Sexual Exploitation (PACE).
- 9.30 -11.00 New Charter Bus Ashton Town Centre
- 12- 13.30 New Charter Bus Denton Crown Point Shopping Centre
- 5pm-7pm Awareness event Tameside College including presentation and Q&A sessions
- 8pm-9.30 Awareness event Hyde including presentation and Q&A sessions
The bus will be staffed by police and partners, branching out, Barnardo’s, youth offending services, offering support and helping parents find help and advice if they need it.
- Parents awareness evening 5pm – 7pm, First House, Brinnington
- Integrated Neighbourhood Policing Team officer providing advice to schools on sexting. ‘It’s not Okay’ literature will be given out to parents.
- Meeting for foster carers, Stockport Town Hall 10am -12pm
- Partners from Stockport College, health, probation, drugs and education are writing letters to parents which highlight the itsnotokay website and child sexual exploitation.
- Morning – stall in Wigan Galleries providing access to advice from Wigan Phoenix CSE team, Greater Manchester Police, Brook Advisory Centres, and others.
- Afternoon – the stall and its team moves to Spinning Jenny Shopping Centre in Leigh.
- 9am-12 display in the Spindles Centre, staffed by the Oldham Phoenix Team, neighbourhood policing team and Barnardo’s.
- 2pm – 5pm display information available from Chadderton Wellbeing Centre.